Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall Comfort Food!

My kids will be sooo happy!  I thought I had lost this recipe, and found it in an old message I had sent to my brother in law.  Happy day!!  This is such a good, quick, fall favorite around here. 
*HIGH CARB ALERT!!!

1/4 c. onion chopped
1/3 c. green pepper chopped
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 T. flour
3 1/2 c. milk
2 c. cooked ham, cubed
8 oz pkg ww elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded swiss cheese

Saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender; stir in flour and salt. Gradually whisk in milk; add ham and macaroni. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Mix in sour cream and cheese; stir until cheese melts, but do not let boil. Makes 6 servings.

Now, go walk the dog and work it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment