Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our Song

B and I camping alone, together last summer.  I really liked it, just the two of us!
  I'm not going off the deep end!  I know, it's the second sappy post about one of my kids this month.  But it hit me today.  April is a few short days away.  The school year is almost over.  We all know how fast summer goes by!  And then comes September.  And I lose one more to public schools.
  Since his older brother went two years ago, we let B make his own decision to stay home and finish high school, or follow in his brothers footsteps and go to public. We gave him our opinion, and told him our reasons.  Ultimately,  sports, as with M, were the deciding factor for B. 
  I liked homeschooling all of my kids.  Sure, there were the monotonous days, and the subjects that none of us liked, but I loved having them around all the time!  I like them!!  Today I sat down for my lunch break and to check in on the computer.  The sound of B's guitar wafting down the stairs.  Currently he's working on "A Day in the Life".  It's the daily background noise. The sounds of a house filled with life!  Then he switched to the piano, not sure what he's working on there.  And that's when it hit!  And I sit at the computer and cry.  I won't have the background music next year!
  I kept telling myself, it will be easier with B.  You've already done this with M., I'd say to myself.  But it's not.  When I went through this with M, I spent Labor Day weekend an emotional wreck!  You would have thought I were sending off a kindergartner.  Yes, I know what to expect now, it doesn't mean it's easy.
  I know he'll do well.  Of that I have no doubt.  But I will miss our routine.  I will miss the daily background music.  His life is going to become much busier!  And, I'll miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment